Thursday, November 27, 2008

Jermaine Dye for Homer Bailey?

Hey everyone!

So there have been rumors flying around Cincinnati for the past week about the reds trading Homer Bailey + a prospect for Jermaine Dye. I have mixed feelings about the trade, but I think as long as the prospect traded was low level, it would be good for the Reds.

Although he is going to be 35 by next season, he still can produce for a couple more years. He is a right handed bat, which the reds strongly need, and he can produce runs. If all else fails, we could trade him at the deadline if things aren't working out. I mean honestly, who would make better trade bait at the deadline, Bailey or Dye. I would definitly say Dye. He would bring in better prospects for us than the pitcher who has been shelled mostly every major league start, and lost everything on his fastball. I mean if we don't get Dye who else are we going to get, Pat Burrel?? Please no, he has too many striking similarities to Adam Dunn.

Well, I guess us fans just have to sit back, wait and see what happens!

Feel free to comment on this post if you would like!

No comments: